Some guys may not know this, but there’s a lot more to scarves than just going to the store and buying a nice one. Any man in this day and age must also know how to wear it right. However, there are plenty of ways you can wear a scarf badly, making you look like an amateur and your outfit look sloppy.
A scarf is a versatile accessory that can make winter outfits pop with color and style. And don't forget that the knot matters. The right knot can pull together any outfit. Now, we know that not all of you are aware of this. different ways to style scarves. This is why we thought it would be useful to put together a brief guide on this subject. If you want to learn how to tie a scarf like a pro, check out this handy step-by-step guide on tying scarves below.
There are a few ways to tie a scarf that don’t require any knots. The first one we'll be discussing is called the drape and is literally just putting the scarf around your neck to use a fashion statement. This style is pretty simple as all you'll really need to do is to drape the scarf around your neck and let it hang evenly.
The Once Around
Next up is the once-around knot, a favorite of many casual enthusiasts. This is a great entry-level knot that's best suited for mild days when you want a little extra warmth and want to add a stylish touch to your ensemble. If the weather takes a colder turn, consider switching to a different knot.
Here's how to wear your scarf in this style:
- Begin by wrapping the scarf around your neck so that one end is longer than the other; the longer end should be on the back of the neck.
- Put the long side of the scarf around your neck and then put the short side over it, covering your chest. Adjust the scarf to expose as much or as little of your neck as you like.
Our next knot is the overhand knot. The overhand knot requires a bit more work than the once around knot, but it's a great choice for use in cold environments.
Here's how to tie the once around knot:
- Drape the scarf around your neck evenly.
- Take both ends of the scarf and cross them so that when you pull them apart, the scarf will be doubled over.
- Loop the scarf through the hole, then bring it back down through the loop. Adjust the length to how you want and tie it off.
We hope this article proves to be useful when it comes to helping you style your scarf in different ways. While it may seem rather intimidating at first, it can be quite easy as long as you know what you’re doing. Be sure to keep everything that we’ve discussed here in mind so that you can make the most out of your scarves.
If you’re looking for new cute scarves to keep you warm and stylish at the same time, check out our silk collection at Scarflings. We have different styles and designs of scarves that will surely suit you. Find your new favorite scarf today!